Tuesday, December 11, 2012

New Blog: Kosher Keto

Have you ever noticed that in every Jewish community there are about 10 bakeries and no gym...

Our calendar is full of holidays. Our seuodos start off with a loaf of bread. And our mothers insist that we have seconds or thirds on everything!

Its no wonder so many Orthodox Jews are overweight.

When I was a teenager, I had time to go running and exercise. I was a comfortable 5'9 170 lb. But after 4 years of Yeshiva and 2 years of marriage, today I weigh 216 lb. That really stinks. Today I'm going to make a change. That's why I'm starting this blog. To serve as a testimony of my diet change and an encouragement to others.

I plan to post regular updates which will include: current weight, food and recipes, experiences, and achievements. This blog is mostly for my own sake, to keep me strong with my diet. But I hope it will help you too.

Keto (very low-carb) diets are the best way to lose weight. Be strong and Keto on.

6 comments:

  1. I was so glad to find your blog...we are trying keto for our family but every recipe out there seems to have bacon in it! I am really glad to have found some keto recipes that are also kosher :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here. Thanks for posting! I'm interested in slow cooker keto recipes if you have any more to share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am very glad I found your blog. I'm tired of seeing recipes that include pork or shellfish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been searching for a book of Kosher Keto Diet Recipes, but found none. One reason I had given up on the Paleo Diet years ago was because my husband doesn't like to have fleishicks for dinner, incase he wants a glass of milk before bed. Also, the expense of meat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not raised 'observant', but, I am trying to adopt a kosher way of eating. Thank you for all your effort. I know the struggle is REAL. I'm hoping to learn a lot from your blog and enjoy the recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work!. keto cookbook

    ReplyDelete